Once again it’s on: Ryan Macklin is re-attempting his mildly insane project of podcasting semi-live from Gen Con, and we’re doing his show notes semi-officially this time. For the Thursday 11am show:
- Pandemic and its On The Brink expansion.
- You already know the Diana Jones Award. Here’s a Dominion link if you still need one.
- Konami’s Blue Dragon CCG.
- The Hite Trifecta: Rough Magicks for Trail of Cthulhu, The Day After Ragnarok for Savage Worlds, and Cthulhu 101 for the kids.
- The very cool-sounding .
- The ENnie Awards are gonna be hot this year.
- Brave New World: The Movie: The Rally: The Concert! BNW has a long history of vaguely ARG-y Gen Con doin’s, the history of which unfortunately seems to have vanished from the intertubes.
- Midnight Chronicles, the other let’s-make-our-game-into-a-movie movie, is out on DVD and, interestingly, paid download via DriveThruRPG.
- Pirate Jenny, a booth full of female RPG publishers. Not just designers: publishers. Be sure and check out RPGirl while you’re there.
- The line for the Pathfinder RPG was giving people trouble. I expect that to be a theme of the weekend.
- Wow, Catalyst is bringing out an insane amount of stuff: Eclipse Phase, anniversary stuff for SR as well as BT, and something more on the Eighth World setting used in that BattleRun thing. Sorry I can’t find more links; with all these products coming out, Catalyst apparently hasn’t had much web-page-buildin’ time.
There it is, or as much of it as I wrote down, anyway. If you’re new to OgreCave: hi. No, we aren’t just a podcast. Yes, we still do the podcast (podcasts, even). You should follow us on Twitter. We like you and think you’re special.
Well, I’ve been waiting for (and had on preorder) On the Brink for months now. I’ll be very happy to get that. And I must have Rough Magicks.
I remember seeing some early footage from Midnight Chronicles a few years back at Gen Con. I’ll be interested to see if it turned out any good or not. Heck, even if it’s lousy, Sci-F… err… SyFy Channel (gag!) will probably pay FFG some cash to show it.
Didn’t it already air on some channel or another?
If it did, I missed it.