The sounds of Gen Con 2009 continue to flow through This Just In… From GenCon!, and we’ve got show note duty. For the Friday 11am show, with co-host Chris Hussey from Fear the Boot, and additional guests Sean Patrick Fannon and Carrin Seabolt from DriveThruRPG, here’s what we have:
- Fear the Boot is ambushing folks in lines and in elevators.
- A twelve person game of original D&D sparks discussion of player group size preferences.
- Big lines at Paizo Publishing, Privateer Press, and multiple lines at Fantasy Flight Games as they stagger releases throughout the show.
- Gamers are still willing to buy big ticket game items, economic downturn or no. At the same time, DriveThruRPG has had record sales each month lately.
- Rackham’s Confrontation line.
- A shout-out to Marcus King at Titan Games (who writes Behind the Counter over at RPGnet). Great deals at the show.
- The gorgeous cardstock scenery of Fat Dragon Games.
- The Brave New World movie proof is being celebrated with a concert and after party, featuring Makeshift Prodigy. And Matt Forbeck, of course. DriveThruRPG has a going on, as well.
- DriveThruRPG planning POD publishing for nearly everything it stocks, and as proof, printed 50 limited edition copies of the original Brave New World rulebook, available at the AEG booth.
- A mention of Savage Saturday Night
- Phil Lacefield and Calye “Chainmail Girl” Shovan are getting married as a Gen Con event. Congrats!
- BattleTech’s 25th anniversary coffee table book from Catalyst Game Labs
- Everyone’s invited to Sean and Carrin’s WeddingCon 2009 this December, just outside Atlanta, which sounds like a cool idea.
Check back this evening for the Friday 5pm show notes, or just peruse OgreCave in general for game reviews, daily news, podcasts, and more.